What Information We Collect
We collect both personal and non-personal information. For the purpose of this policy, when we use the term "personal information" we mean information that is collected in conjunction with a name. This may include a first and last name and email address. When we use the term "non-personal information" we mean information that is not collected in conjunction with the name.
How We Collect Information
- By Asking. We may collect some information from you by asking that you provide it to us. For instance, if you are a student and you create an account, we may ask you for your first and last name, email address, and grade level. If you are a teacher and you create an account, we may ask you for your first and last name, school name, and email address.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is an electronic file on a web page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness - for instance, if you get an email from us and click on a link in that email to go to our website. You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. As you enter our website or iPad application, we capture and retain the IP address and the unique identifier of the device you are using, such as a personal computer or a mobile device.
- Clear GIFs/Tracking Pixels. A clear GIF or tracking pixel is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it may be visible) located on a web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet enabling the verification of a person's viewing or receipt of a web page or message.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your information to provide services to you, for administrative purposes, to improve our services, to customize the advertising and content you see, to contact you, and for internal business purposes. In addition, we may use your email address to send you news and information about our company and products that might be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving future communications from us about special offers and new product information, you can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages you receive, or you can change your marketing preferences by contacting us through the Contact Us page of our website. Even if you opt-out of receiving these messages, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the services we provide, such as when you purchase a product, and we may send you service announcements and administrative messages. We do not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those communications.
We may also use anonymous information, such as information pertaining to web or mobile pages you have viewed, in order to analyze trends, track user's movements, provide a better user experience and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf. Third party service providers may, among other things, help us to provide services that you request, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to inquiries. In addition, we may share your information with certain third party service providers, such as Google Analytics, to operate the website and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the website, to analyze and develop our business strategy, to determine how you found out about us, your interests regarding our products and services, and how to improve our website or in creating marketing programs for you and others.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Ignite, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Business Transition. In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo a transition in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such a transition.
- Allowing Edits to the Site. Our website and application are interactive. This means that users will be able to add images from third party sources like Google Image Search. In addition, users may be able to add images from their device, such as a camera, phone, or their computer. Users may also be able to embed video from sources like YouTube, Vimeo, or other video websites, and embed audio from sources like SoundCloud.
How We Secure Personal Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep information secure and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances.
How We Communicate With You
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your information, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Do Not Track Signals.
Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that your activities online not be "tracked" based upon your name, address, telephone number, social security number, or other identifiers that permit two way communication. As we do not track visitors to our website based upon these identifiers your experience will not change on this site if you broadcast such a signal.
We do not provide products and services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 13. This website is directed to high school students aged 13 and over. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com
. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.